I was a pattern tester for Tasia of Sewaholic Patterns for her newest pattern, the Robson coat.
It is a classic-styled trench coat with a gazillion buttons (okay, like 20ish).
I used a heavy cotton twill in forest green for the outer coat pieces, and I found some matching green buttons.
I used an Amy Butler fabric as an accent under the collar and under the flaps, as well as inside the pockets.
I am a big fan of two-piece sleeves - they curve with your arm and fit so much nicer than one-piece sleeves.
Some detail shots:
Here is a close-up of the bias binding used to finish the seams (I used around 15 yds). You can also see the lining peeking out of the flap.
pocket lining (above) and collar lining (below).
Overall, I consider the Robson Trench coat pattern to be a great staple for any wardrobe. There is a good chance that I will make another. Thanks Tasia, for the opportunity to test this pattern!